Note: this wiki is no longer maintained. If you have any questions related to this wiki, please post them on the CrunchBang forums.
Catfish is installed by default on recent Crunchbang releases.
1. Edit gmrun's configuration file: nano ~/.gmrunrc or gedit ~/.gmrunrc
2. Add these two lines to .gmrunrc:
URL_s = catfish --hidden --path=/ '%s'
URL_sh = catfish --hidden --path=/home/yourhome/ '%s'
3. Make sure to change “yourhome” to the name of your home directory. If desired, you can alter URL_s and URL_sh to any other keyword. For instance, URL_search or URL_searchhome. You can also eliminate hidden files from your search by removing –hidden from the commands above. Lastly, you can alter the search path by editing ”–path=”.
4. Save and exit your editor.
1. Call gmrun using alt-f2
2. Type either s:searchterm or sh:searchterm to search either your file system or your home directory for your “searchterm”.
That's it! You can now search for files and folders using catfish and gmrun!